Zircon is a very popular gemstone that has been used for 2000 years. And today it serves as a modern birthstone for the month of December.
Zircon occurs in a wide range of colors and has a brightness and is even used as a diamond due to its very high refractive index. Colorless zircon is sometimes used as a lower-cost alternative for diamonds. Zircon should not be confused with cubic zirconia, which is a man-made material while zircon is a natural material.
Zircon is a very popular gemstone because it is available in a wide variety of colors like yellow, red, and brown. Activities like Heating and irradiation can be used to produce more colors in colorless zircon like blue, green, and many other zircon colors. Blue is the most popular zircon color and it is the customer’s choice too.
Blue Zircon is also used as a December birthstone, December has other birthstones too like tanzanite and another beautiful blue stone turquoise. A birthstone is a gemstone that represents an individual’s period of birth that is usually the birth month or zodiac sign. These stones are often worn as jewelry like pendants, rings, and earrings, etc.
Read More: Can a Digital Marketing Certification Actually Help?
Benefits of Blue Zircon
- In Vedic astrology, a natural Blue Zircon is worn to gain professional success, financial prosperity, and happy and healthy life.
- Blue Zircon seems to have strong healing effects and even helps to cure physical and emotional health.
- It brings peace to the heart.
- It brings abundance and prosperity to the family
- This gemstone helps in enhancing memory.
- It is also being said that this stone is good for pregnant women and in giving them the strength to give birth.
- This gemstone is considered lucky for those who are involved in creative careers and entertainment like music, acting, public relations, event management, artists, and writers.
- It makes the wearer attractive and popular.
- Zircon helps in removing evil and fearful thoughts and blesses with self-confidence.
Some most common examples of birthstones are ruby, topaz, Emerald, and bloodstone. All the stones belong to different months of the year and vary in color. Like ruby is Red in color while Emerald is green.
Blue Zircon is often used in making jewelry like pendants, rings, and earrings, etc and if you are December born and wish to make your jewelry box shine then you must get a blue zircon ring, pendants, or earrings, etc which come in a wide variety of designs.
Who should wear Blue Zircon?
Blue Zircon is often associated with planet Venus and Planet Saturn due to its bright color so the people born under these signs often prefer to wear Blue Zircon.
The History Of Zircon
According to the geologists, Zircon is one of the oldest minerals on earth as some of the specimens from Australia are 4.4 million years old reconsidering the fact that the earth was made 4.46 billion years old. Zircon is often associated with planet Pluto and is known for ensuring a deep sleep and relieving pain. In addition, it is often believed that the Zircon wearer is an epitome of honor, wisdom, and riches. Although you have to be very careful with it because a loss of Zircon is a sign of the upcoming danger.
Care Required For Blue Zircon
Blue Zircon should not be exposed much to sunlight as the color can go dull however, it can be restored with heat treatment. While handling Blue Zircon jewelry, one must avoid the use of ultrasonic cleaners and strong chemicals. Additionally, to avoid chipping you can use soft polishing cloths or toothbrushes.
Some Facts Related to Blue Zircon
- Affordability: The price of a Blue Zircon is simply half the amount you need to pay for other Gemstones. One carat of Blue Zircon ranges from 50$ to 400$ which implies that you can save a lot of your money by buying zircon rather than any other gemstone.
- Resistance: Highly resistant and durable and can also restore the color when heat treated.
- Design: The Blue Zircon displays an excellent fire when looking at it which is also double-refractive to showcase sparkles in its appearance.
- Accessibility: Although Zircon is a little hard to find as compared to other gemstones, Blue Zircon is often readily available.
Read More: The Top Color Trends of 2014
The Final Word
As discussed, Zircon is the oldest mineral found on earth but its importance is still very popular when it comes to buying a gemstone. Easy to buy with a minimal amount of care required, Zircon is the best pick.
It is available in different colors but the blue one is the most popular one. The reason is that it is often associated with the planet Pluto and it helps to aid sleeping problems and pain as well.
Additionally, it has a very low cost when it comes to buying a gemstone as compared to the other ones. And the blue Zircon wearers signify honor, wealth, and riches. Earlier, the blue color was categorized as Starlite but later, it was simply named Blue Zircon.
Leave a Reply