Every business needs a website to thrive in the competitive world amidst the pandemic. Now more than ever, online presence becomes a necessity to get the buy-in of digitally minded consumers. Hence, an outdated and dull website needs overhauling to avoid being left behind by competitors. Luckily, there are different tools you can utilize to improve your web design process.
What Is A Web Design Process?
This generally includes identifying your goals, defining your scope, sitemap creation, wireframing, content creation, testing, and launching the website. Other activities involved are evaluating a business idea, creating prototypes, user interface design, creating visual components, and testing after launch.
In this article, you’ll learn the different tools you can turn to in order to improve your web design process.
Read More: The Best Software for Graphic Design in 2021
1. Sitemap Builder
Sitemaps refer to flow chart diagrams or organized lists showing connections between website content, web pages, and web page trees. A visual sitemap helps in planning and communicating your ideas about the structure of a website.
Here are the following ways a sitemap builder can improve your web design process:
- Give 2D Representation: Sitemaps provide a two-dimensional representation, allowing web designers and developers to plan website projects efficiently, improving the web design process.
- Customize Projects: With a website mapping tool, you can create visual sitemaps and customize your projects quickly and easily with a drag and drop feature for the user interface. You can also create a new website structure from scratch with that particular feature.
- Easier Navigation: A visual sitemap generator allows you to navigate hierarchical sitemaps with ease in different orientations.
- Shareability: A sitemap builder will help you introduce and evaluate various architecture scenarios for your web pages, so sharing sitemaps with clients becomes effortless.
2. Content Planner
Whether your industry involves enterprise, health care, or nonprofits, a content planner is a tool that’ll help improve your web design process and content marketing strategy. You can gather content in a centralized workspace, allowing you to work on content and track progress collaboratively.
A content planner is an indispensable tool, allowing you to create and upload content using an easy-to-use editor. This tool allows you to add rich text, metadata, code, media, and instructions.
You can easily find what you need in one system, so there’s no chance of losing content, files, or attachments across multiple systems. In addition, with the search and filter features, you can sort content quickly to find any information you’re looking for.
You have to use a content planner for the following tasks:
- Revising and reorganizing existing web content
- Copywriting for individual pages or a new website
- Content workflow management within teams
- Web design page layout structures and content ordering
- Optimization of on-page SEO elements
- Creating content strategies
- Managing blogging and social media content
Read More: Top 5 Online Video Editors in 2021
3. Diagram Maker
Communicate what’s on your mind using a diagram maker that’ll allow you to create great user journey paths. This user flow diagramming tool enables you to visualize processes, determine opportunities, and convey your bright ideas to stakeholders by utilizing diagramming shapes.
Here’s how a diagram maker can help improve your web design process:
- Customize Features: Customize work with features such as images, dynamic pages, containers, in-place editing, and custom text.
- Diagram Creation: Create different types of diagrams such as e-commerce checkout processes, flow chart templates, and registration system user flows.
- Seamless Integration: You can integrate a diagram maker into your sitemaps, which makes transitioning between diagram editing and sitemap mode easier than ever, linking up sitemap pages to diagrams for a unified experience.
4. Design Mock-Up Tool
With this tool, you can present your user interface (UI) ideas and get real-time feedback from your stakeholders. You can upload several user experience (UX) wireframes and UI mock-ups to different page types.
Using a design mock-up tool, you can attach unlimited mock-up designs to any page within a project. In addition, you can view files in list or grid view and filter images from your account projects to find what you need.
You can improve your web design process with the help of a design mock-up tool because it allows you to share the following:
- Blog layouts
- Low-fidelity wireframes
- High-fidelity UI designs
- Interactive prototypes
- Mobile app designs
- Web app mock-ups
- Design scenarios
- Email layouts
- App UI and widgets
Businesses can revamp their web design in a more efficient manner using reliable tools such as a sitemap builder, a content planner, a diagram maker, and a design mock-up tool. These will help your team collaborate and automate tasks in a centralized shared workspace.
Leave a Reply