Are you a seasoned cruiser looking for something new and exciting on your next voyage? Or maybe you’re a first-time cruiser wondering what all the hype is about. Either way, it’s time to uncover the secret side of cruising. From exclusive dining to safety features that would never have crossed your mind, cruise ships are packed with weird and wonderful features that will leave you in awe.
So, sit back, relax, and get ready to discover some of the most unique ship features you perhaps didn’t know existed before.
Outside The Ship
Cruise ships are often known for their luxurious amenities and breathtaking views of the open sea. However, with the ever-changing weather patterns that can be encountered on a cruise, it’s important to have clear visibility from all angles of the ship.
This is where window wipers come in handy. Installed on many modern cruise ships, these innovative systems use specially designed blades to remove any rain or saltwater spray that accumulates on windows or other areas of the ship’s exterior. Wipers like Straightline Ship Windscreen Wipers not only ensure optimal safety for passengers and crew by providing unobstructed views, but they also help maintain the overall appearance of the vessel.
Keeping windows clean and free from debris ensures passengers always have an uninterrupted view of stunning sunsets, sparkling blue waters, and exotic destinations while cruising through some of the most beautiful locations in the world.
Inside the Passenger Cabins
While the outside of a cruise ship is often flashy and impressive, the inside is where the real magic happens. From luxurious suites to vibrant clubs and bars, there’s something for everyone onboard. But what about the less obvious features of the ship?
Let’s look at some of the interesting things you’ll find inside the passenger cabins on a cruise ship:
- Beds: If you’re booked in a standard cabin, you’ll often find that your bed folds down from the ceiling. This is so that the cabin can be converted into a sitting area during the day.
- A TV in every room: Whether you’re in your cabin or suite, you’ll find a TV so that you can stay entertained during your trip.
- Mini-bars stocked with snacks and drinks: You’ll find a mini-bar in your room, which will be stocked and ready for you to enjoy (just be aware that anything you take will be added to your onboard bill)!
- Bathrooms with showers: All cabins and suites will have their own private bathroom with a shower, so you don’t have to queue up for communal showers!
Read More: Who Could Be Faze’s Next In-Game Leader?
Creative Dining Experiences
We all know that cruising is a great way to see the world, but it also allows travellers to enjoy amazing food and wine onboard the ship. However, did you know that there are some truly unique dining experiences to be had onboard?
Here are just a few of the most unique options out there:
- Dining plus circus – For something truly different, Norwegian Cruise Lines offers dinner plus an incredible show from the world-renowned Cirque du Soleil. There are various themes to the shows – from jungle to steampunk – all delivering delicious food and incredible skills on show.
- Underwater dining – Imagine being able to enjoy your meal while surrounded by beautiful fish and other sea creatures! This is possible on select Ponant ships, which also have vibrating sofas and a sound system to really make you feel like you are underwater.
- Dinner with a view – If you want to enjoy stunning views while you eat, then look no further than specialty restaurants like The Pinnacle Grill on Holland America Line or Coastal Kitchen on Celebrity Cruises. Both offer exquisite menus and breathtaking ocean views.
Unique Entertainment Options
Cruising is often thought of as a stuffy, old-fashioned vacation option, but there are actually plenty of unique and modern entertainment options available on today’s cruise ships. From rock climbing walls to full-service casinos, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
For the thrill seekers, many cruise ships now feature rock climbing walls or zip lines. These are great ways to get some exercise while also enjoying the stunning views from the top of the ship. For those who want to relax and be entertained, there are plenty of shows and movies available onboard most ships. Many cruises also have casinos where you can try your luck at winning some cash.
No matter what you like doing, there’s sure to be something for you to enjoy on a cruise ship. So don’t write off cruising as a boring vacation option – there are plenty of hidden gems to be found onboard these floating cities.
Read More: Fun Date Ideas to Channel Your Inner Nerd
Cruising is a wonderful way to explore the world in some serious style. With the right cruise, you can experience some truly wonderful, unique features that will make your trip unforgettable. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing hot tub soak or a crazy roller coaster ride on the high seas, there are plenty of weird and wonderful ship features out there just waiting to be discovered!
So, what are you waiting for? Book yourself onto a cruise today and get ready to be amazed by all the secret sides of cruising!
Image by frimufilms on Freepik