The number 4 is often associated with stability, security, and materialism in numerology. But what does the number 4 truly mean spiritually? And what are some of the symbolic meanings associated with it?
In this post, we’ll explore the spiritual and symbolic significance of 4 in numerology.
Here are fun facts about how this powerful number affects your life path.
Read More: A Guide to the Emotional, Financial and Physical Implications of a Workplace Injury
Cultural Implications of the Number 4
The number 4 has many implications in the spiritual world.
It represents completeness in the Bible, such as “the four corners of the earth” or “the four winds.”
It might also signify justice and fairness, as seen in “the four annual seasons” or “the Four Noble Truths.”
In symbolism, the number 4 depicts stability and order. It is the number of the four elements— fire, earth, air, and water. And it can also be the four seasons and the four points of the compass.
But do you know that different cultures have various perceptions of the number 4?
Here’s a quick rundown of its symbolic and spiritual meaning in two of the most superstitious Asian cultures.
Read More: Recognize your Team Member’s Strengths to Improve Business
In Mandarin, the word for “four” sounds like the word for “death.” So, angel number 4 is often unlucky and avoided in many contexts because it symbolizes bad luck.
But despite these negative affinities, it also represents strength and determination.
Plus, in Chinese mythology, four tell of a harmonious life.
While in Taoism, the number 4 is a symbol of balance and harmony in one’s life. And sometimes, this number expresses spiritual enlightenment and strong will.
Some Chinese superstitions associated with the number 4 are the following:
- Many Chinese buildings don’t have the fourth floor.
- Many Chinese won’t give gifts in groups of four.
- Some hospitals don’t assign rooms with the number 4 to avoid any negative affinities.
- Some Chinese refuse to have four in their phone number or address.
Read More: Professional Help in Debt Reduction: Manage Your Debt Without Stress
For the Japanese, the number 4 is unlucky because the pronunciation of the word “four” sounds like “death.”
But in numerology, the number 4 represents stability and construction. It also symbolizes the ability to build a solid life foundation and create a stable future.
Four also represents the connection to the physical world and material possessions.
While in tarot readings, it means The Emperor card. So, it signifies strength, authority, and structure.
A couple of Japanese superstitions about the number four are:
- Many buildings in Japan do not have the fourth floor, but if they do, it is often left unlabeled.
- Japanese avoid the number 4 when giving gifts as it is a bad omen.
Life Path for Number 4
If you’re into numerology, you may be familiar with the concept of a life path number.
This number comes from your birth date and can give insight into your personality. It can also indicate your inner self or karmic number.
For such, the fourth sign of the zodiac is Cancer, the crab. This connection is fitting, as Cancer is famous for its hard shell that protects its soft core.
Like the crab, those with this number in their numerology chart often:
- Have strong principles and traditional values
- Hardworking and practical
- Good at organizing and planning
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Extremely loyal and supportive
Read More: Creating a Positive Workplace Culture For Your Employees: Do’s And Don’ts
Why You’re Seeing the Number 4
Have you ever noticed that this angelic number appears frequently? You might not have thought much about it, but there could be a reason.
Here are a few possible explanations:
- It could be a sign from your guardian angel. In some beliefs, your guardian angels send signals by showing you number sequences. So, if you keep seeing the number 4, it could be a message from your angels that you need spiritual development.
- It could be a lucky number. For some, it may be a sign of good things to come.
- It could be a reminder from the universe. The universe has a way of giving gentle reminders. Others may see it as a reminder to use your own abilities to achieve success.
Significance of Number 4 in Psychic Reading
In a typical psychic reading, the querent will ask the psychic about things, such as:
Numerology influences a person's career opportunities. So, people with this number often find themselves in careers such as:
Read More: Tips for Choosing a Logo Font
So what does all this mean for you? Destiny is not a predetermined path that you cannot escape. And only you have the power to change your life and make decisions that steer you toward your dreams.
But it can be helpful to know what’s in your numerology chart. By doing so, you can better understand yourself.
So if you’re curious about your fate, you may grab a free personalized numerology report today.
Leave a Reply