Working from home is a comforting experience; however, the sudden change in the work culture has brought challenges that hinder productivity.
Ever since the Covid19 outbreak began, professionals have been pushed to work from home. Amidst every disturbance in-home, employees are struggling to work.
Even though few among them love it, some populations are still struggling with establishing a quality output.
Here we present the importance of the best project management software to overcome unnecessary confrontation to work efficiently.
1. Lack of Motivation
While working remotely, there are higher possibilities of feeling disconnected and detached from the team.
Significantly, it affects the new work from home employees who are accustomed to the in-office environment.
On the contrary, a motivated employee would feel the zest to solve any issue that arises, able to provide creative solutions, and in short, focused on whatever he does.
This is an excellent boost on a personal level and improves the company’s sales and revenue.
To rectify the lack of motivation, you can
- Acknowledge the contribution of your employees to the project.
- Provide positive feedback at first, followed by the concerned improvements.
- Give a reason for any sudden change in the plan.
2. Discrepancies with Time Zone
Remote working most commonly occurs with the difference in time zones. Though it is appreciable to bring in talents from assorted cultures, it has challenges.
For instance, finding the ideal way to work with multinational employees from Australia, Germany, Japan, and Malaysia at the same time is difficult.
To organize meetings with your global employees, you have to find a middle ground. Some of the other ways are,
- Use the best project management software to establish teamwork.
- Set a reasonable time that is feasible for everyone.
- Record and send the meeting to those who couldn’t make up to the meeting through the best project management software like Asana.
- Use scheduling tools in the project management software to monitor the projects’ progress.
3. Inefficiency to monitor Employees’ Performance
Often, remote employees feel ignored for their performance. The progress tracking gives you an overview of to whom you can allocate the particular task.
Besides, it creates an awareness among the remote employees to maximize their time on the project.
To track their performance, you require the best project management software like Asana that strategically improvise from planning to execution with constant progress monitoring.
Other ways to fix them include
- Get timely updates from the employees on the project.
- Appreciate their on-time submission and quality.
- Arrange for co-working spaces if required.
Procrastination is a major thief of productivity. Despite the comfort, most of the remote employees procrastinate until the last hours of the deadline.
As a result, it creates sluggishness at the start and panic at the end.
Here are some ways to beat procrastination, which includes
- Break larger goals into small chunks of tasks.
- Use a time tracking software that you probably found in the best project management software.
- Strive for quality but not for perfection.
5. Challenges in Internal Communication
Working as a team has certain disadvantages, especially when the team members have diverse opinions and mindsets.
In an office, it is a lot easier to initiate interpersonal relationships, but it is challenging worldwide.
This is where the best project management software saves you, which has in-built messaging, live chat options, and discussion forums to facilitate conversations on work and other stuff.
Some of the best project management software are:
We have underlined most of the project management challenges and their respective solutions to help you increase your productivity level. We hope you apply these tips to thrive in this Covid 19 pandemic.