The gaming market offers the highest ROI ever in 2021. However, many companies are reluctant to enter this market without solid technological and professional developer experience. This is due to a variety of factors. They include high market competition, rapidly emerging and evolving technologies. Also there is rapidly changing gaming trends, and others. As a result, these companies are turning to external game development experts to create their games.
Hiring outsourced game development teams for game art 2d is a viable solution for many reasons. The most important ones are:
- A team of external professional game developers with the relevant skills. They have extensive experience to build mobile devices, desktops, consoles and more;
- Outsourcing teams have extensive experience in implementing the latest technologies to create exciting games. These are such as virtual and augmented reality technologies, artificial intelligence bots, and others;
- To stay competitive in the market, outsourced game development teams always keep up with the latest trends in game development and know how to make a game attractive to a specific audience;
- When creating games with the involvement of third-party developers, companies save on finding, hiring and onboarding IT specialists. What’s more, enterprises can scale their development teams based on project needs by adding or removing specific IT professionals from their projects;
- A business can hire an entire team of dedicated professionals to design, animate, illustrate, add special effects. And more without having to look elsewhere.
As a result, the company gains a team of highly skilled and flexible game development experts at a reasonable cost. They can create a top-notch digital game in a short time frame.
What questions should be asked when choosing a GameDev company?
If you are considering contacting GameDev to create your digital game, you need to choose carefully. The right IT company will ensure your game’s success and development is within budget and on time.
Is the company active in the market?
IT companies active in the market have extensive experience and a large audience. These factors are difficult to test with Google as it only offers the best SEO results to its users. These are not the best IT companies.
How many years has the company been on the market?
As a rule, the longer a company is on the market, the higher the quality of its services. However, those IT companies that have been stable in the market for longer have a lot of experience and know how to better serve their customers. They can quickly understand the development processes required for each specific project case. And they can suggest the best technologies and strategies for faster project success.
Another argument in favor of experienced companies is that they can quickly find the right specialists for a project. These companies can afford to have more than one team of IT experts and bring them in as needed along with the project.
What are the company’s interaction models?
Most IT companies offer their customers a variety of interaction models for animation outsourcing. This means that buyers can choose the best option to create their games. The most common acquisition models include:
- Fixed price model. When the team works within the approved budget with stable and clear requirements, goals and project deadlines;
- Time and material model. It offers great flexibility in a project with frequently changing requirements. This model is best suited for those companies that want to quickly release the minimum viable product (MVP) of their game and improve it with each iteration of development;
- A dedicated team is the most flexible solution. When the business gets a team of carefully selected developers actively involved in the game development project. With the help of a dedicated team, IT clients can track the development of the project and suggest improvements or changes in it. While the internal work is carried out by the team.
Read More: How Smartphone Technology Change The Gaming
How is the workflow organized in the company?
Internal workflows in a company must be well-organized. This means that managers, developers, QA, designers and other team members need to know exactly their responsibilities. They should see their tasks and deadlines.
What are the peculiarities of the company’s location?
When outsourcing mobile game development or any other game development activity, companies are looking for a compromise. It should be for the best value for money.
Besides, communication is very important. You must be sure that your cooperation with your GameDev partners will be comfortable. To do this, you can hold an online meeting with the whole team. You should get to know the specialists with whom you intend to work.