Having taken the marketing world by a storm, Digital Marketing has certainly become one of the prime marketing strategies of the current times and is there to stay for a long time. Marketing has turned to digital marketing now, which is a dynamic field and has changed a lot over a past five years and it will also constant changing in coming years. The marketplace is coming up with new trends, and you need to pay attention to the update of the trends in your digital marketing strategies. Digital marketing of tomorrow offers more advanced trends and strategies, so the need to become more visible and wider reach goes never ending.
Digitalready has created an infographic to let you know how digital marketing is going to change in 2018. Look below for the infographic before that let’s summarize it.
- Social media trends are going to increase in 2018. Over 100,000 monthly active bots on Facebook messenger, that will offer a whole new platform for marketers to connect with audiences.
- Did you know that Instagram is going to gain more attention this year than all other social media networking sites like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter?
- In 2018, Content marketing would be in demand than email marketing. Content marketing strategies are becoming more effective than last year. More than 60% of B2B marketers reported that content marketing strategies result better than other strategies. B2B marketers are going to increase their content marketing spending in this year. It results in audience engagement, reach, and increased sales.
- Marketing automation software spending will hit $32 billion this year.
- Influencers are becoming a big part of every marketing plan. Influencer marketing is gaining more attention, and they are going to increase their budgets this year. It’s even said by 92% of the respondents that Instagram is the most important network for influencer marketing followed by Facebook at 77%.
- There is a global increase in ad spend from 3.1 to 3.6% from the year 2017 to 2018 and will increase more in coming years. Digital media channels will continue to disrupt ad spends globally by 12.6 percent in 2018, versus 15 percent in 2017. From 2016 to 2018, digital media has increased greatly in the share of global advertising spend than other media like newspapers, television, and other outdoor advertising media which showed a gradual decrease in ad spend from 2016 to 2018.