Creating an Amazon store can be a great way to sell more products and connect with a wider audience – but there’s no guarantee of success, especially with so much competition. If you want to generate more revenue, you’ll need a path to increase sales. Fortunately for you, there are plenty of options for how to do it.
Generally speaking, sales-boosting strategies can be split into two categories: strategies that improve your product or offering in some way, and marketing/advertising strategies that boost your visibility.
We’ll explore each of these in turn.
Improving Your Products and Offerings
First, you can improve your products and offerings. If the deal is more attractive to your buyers, they’re going to be more likely to convert.
These are some of the ways you can do it:
– Cater to a specific target audience. Spend time researching your target demographics and getting to know them better. What are their core values? What drives their purchasing decisions? What steps can you take to better appeal to them?
For example, is cost the number one factor they consider when shopping for products like yours? Or are they more focused on durability and longevity? Tweaking your product descriptions and your positioning can make a huge impact on these buyers.
– Reduce the price. No matter what others factors a person considers in their buying decision, price has to enter the equation. Though it may be tough to preserve your profit margins, reducing the price is a surefire way to get more people to buy the product. Of course, if you can’t slash prices any further, you’ll need to find an alternative strategy.
– Add extras. If you want to keep the price the same, is there a way for you to add extras to the deal? Can you throw in something else for free or provide a discount for future purchases? Can you give your customers an extended warranty or a money-back guarantee?
Read More: How a Web Page Layout Can Lead to More Sales
Marketing and Advertising Strategies
After improving your product or offer, the best way to improve sales is to invest in marketing and advertising. If you drive more people to your Amazon store, and you have compelling offers, you’re going to make more money.
These are some of the best tools to have in your marketing toolbelt:
– Use PPC advertising. PPC advertisements are one of the best ways to increase traffic to your Amazon store page because of their reliability. PPC stands for “pay per click,” meaning you’re only going to pay for the people who actually click on your ads. You can set up PPC ads through Google, Facebook, and a number of other channels – but you’ll have to manage your ads carefully and target the right audience if you want to be successful.
– Optimize your page. You should also spend time optimizing your page for searches. You want your product pages to appear in Amazon’s search results when people search for products like yours. The best way to do this is to include relevant target keywords throughout your product page and make sure you’re accurately describing your offer.
– Include better photos. As human beings, we’re visual creatures – and oftentimes, we make decisions based on what we see, rather than what we read. Accordingly, improving the quality of your photos can make a big difference in your conversion rate; hire a professional photographer and upgrade the lighting to make a big impact.
– Utilize SEO. Don’t forget to optimize your Amazon pages for general search engines like Google. SEO strategies will increase your likelihood of ranking highly in search engine results pages (SERPs), increasing traffic and, ultimately, your sales.
– Distribute affiliate links. Consider tapping into the power of affiliate marketing. Use bloggers, influencers, and other third parties to drive traffic and sales; you’ll pay those third parties a portion of the revenue they generate for you, and your sales should increase considerably.
– Try email marketing. It’s also a good idea to leverage email marketing. Despite being an older digital marketing tactic, it remains one of the most cost-effective (thanks to how cheap and easy it is to implement). It’s a perfect way to get more sales from customers who have bought from you in the past.
– Optimize your reviews. Good Amazon reviews will boost your search rankings and appeal to indecisive customers. Do whatever you can within Amazon’s terms of service to facilitate better reviews.
Boosting sales on an Amazon store is a marathon, not a sprint. There are steps you can take right now to improve your page or improve your offer, but if you want to be successful long-term, you’ll need to commit to weeks or even months of gradual optimizations.
Keep tinkering with new variables until you find an approach that works.